Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving

So Thanksgiving this year was different. It was the first one I have spent away from home. It turned out to be pretty nice. We had some friends over, ate, watched movies, and talked. I'm glad that they turned out to be in the same boat we are, transplants who have to choose between going home for Thanksgiving or Christmas. It really made for a good night.

Ha ha ... Jenae and Kelli look all tan while poor Carolyn and I are completely washed out. Cest la vie ... I guess we can't always be on the good side of the flash.

I thought I would write a list of some of the things I am thankful for. I've found that doing this as I go through life is a pretty good thing, even when it's not Thanksgiving. It helps me to forget about the things that may be bothering me and to realize that life truly is a gift.

* I am thankful for my family who loves me unconditionally.
* I am thankful for my husband who never fails to make me laugh.
* I am thankful for my many friends who stand by my side and inspire me to be the best I can be.
* I am thankful for pets. Need I say more?
* I am thankful for nature. I love nature.
* I am thankful for the roof over my head and the food on my table.
* I am thankful for the opportunities I have been given in life.
* Most of all, I am thankful to God for blessing me in this life. This list of mine could go on and on, but without faith and without his love, I would have nothing.

No comments: