Saturday, November 29, 2008

It's time for Christmas!


It's that time again! I love, love, love this time of year. I actually braved it and went "Black Friday" shopping with some friends. It turned out to be a lot of fun and I got most of my Christmas shopping done. I am so excited to give Seif his presents. I did something different this year and can't wait to see his reaction. I love spending the holidays with him and his family because they never celebrated Christmas before me. This year, instead of Temple Square in Utah, we get to see the lights at the Temple here in San Diego ... decorated palm trees! I can't wait!

I also can't wait to go home and see my family. It has been almost a year and I just want to give my mom, dad, and grandparents huge hugs and spend time with them. My grandpa is all excited and told me to tell Seif that we are going to have a late night pow wow, sitting up and chatting about the good ol' days. Ha ha ... I love my grandpa. I'm also excited to see snow again! Although, I'm sure after my two weeks in Utah are up, I'll be ready to get back to the sunshine of Cali.

The spirit of Christmas is just beautiful, no matter what religion you are. It's a time to be close, grateful, and to give to others. The spirit of the Lord is there and it is felt worldwide. I just love it. So ... Happy Holidays to you all! I hope this year is as special for you as it will be for me.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Cute pictures of you guys! The seals are cool! I would love the warm weather. I'm kind of dreading the cold! Merry Christmas! Can you believe it's here already?! When are you coming to Utah? Love, Jenny