
I actually meant to write this yesterday, but it was a long day at work and I came home completely wiped out. I just wanted to wish my grandpa a happy birthday and tell him just how much he means to me. So ... here is grandpa! Enjoy!
Happy Birthday to one of the most important men in my life. You have taught me so many things and I would not trade you for the world. If there is one thing that I can say I was blessed with, it would be a great family. I love you so much and I miss you immensely.
Grandpa, you have been there for me through the tough times in my life. Your house was where I ran to when I was a kid and sick at school and your house is where I run to now when I just need to get away. You have encouraged me to be the best I can be, you support me in my decisions, and you love me unconditionally.
I love your kookiness and your laughter. It's hard to be in a bad mood around you and Bev, you are both a form of sunlight on a dark day. I love when we stay up at night, sipping wine and talking about the "good old days." One of my favorite stories is the one where your brother fell out of the truck and you thought you ran him over when you couldn't find him. HILARIOUS! I swear, you really should write a novel. I also like the one where you let all of the birds loose in that old man's house. Classic.
I treasure all of our fun times, fishing, staying up late talking, camping, I even remember our trip to Wyoming when I was a kid. I also treasure the paintings you have made me, they will be with me forever, but most of all ... I treasure you. You have touched Seif's heart the same way you have touched mine. He loves you like his own grandpa and this post is as much from him as it is me. Thank you so much for loving us the way you do. Thank you so much for being you. We love you with all of our hearts and can't wait until Christmas! Happy Birthday fellow Democrat! At least there are a few of us in the family!
1 comment:
What a sweet post. And give him a high five for me for being a Dem. :-)
Post a Comment