![]() |
| Sharing her Christmas candy |
The first stop was of course, my favorite, but completely Americanized Mexican restaurant. My husband absolutely hates it, but he caves in to my whims since I suffer through the traditional Jordanian dish, mansaf whenever we go to Jordan. I figure if I can gag through yogurt and lamb to appease him, he can handle a smothered burrito..and so it was. (I mean no offense by that - the truth is, most people like mansaf. I just can't handle it.) After dinner, we made it over to my grandpa's house and he and my grandma were absolutely delighted to see us. She was a bit disappointed that I couldn't record all of the lectures from my supernatural anthropology class for her, but she quickly got over it with the hustle and bustle that was going on. According to her, there are enough ghosts in her house to keep her occupied. Oh, how I love that woman and her obsession with the spirit world. Being around her and my grandpa is constant entertainment. She is the queen and he is her yes man.
We were in Utah for 5 days and it flew by much faster than I had hoped. Christmas was finally there. I insisted on the adults opening their presents on Christmas Eve because with kids, Christmas morning is so chaotic - paper flying, the excited squeals, why not just take it all in? After all, there is nothing that will melt your heart more completely than a kid on Christmas. By Christmas Eve, Mother Nature still had not blessed us with snow and I was beginning to lose hope. I diligently wore a bracelet that read, "I'm dreaming of a white Christmas, just like the ones I used to know." It was so perfect for me. My stepsister gave it to me for Christmas a few years back and I love it. The evening was full of laughs, hugs, and good conversation and I thoroughly enjoyed the time with my family. We were all together and it truly felt like old times. I needed that.
![]() |
| My sister knows me so well. |
On Christmas morning I groggily crawled out of bed. As you would assume, the first thing I did was look out the window. Much to my surprise, my wish had been granted! I felt like a kid again as the excitement consumed me. Beautiful white snow blanketed the ground and the earth was suddenly silent. I love the stillness in the air when it snows outside - it's almost as if time momentarily stops as the sky showers us with a different kind of serene beauty. My husband and I threw on our hats and gloves and headed out for coffee. Odd? Yes, but one of the things I miss the most about Utah is sitting in Starbucks watching the snow fall ... it's those small things, you know? The snow continued throughout the night and with the warmth of family and a nice cup of coffee, my heart was content.
![]() |
| Isn't it a dream? See why I miss it? |
I hope your holidays were are memorable as mine. Best wishes for the new year my friends! Let's make it the best year yet. Cheers!



1 comment:
This makes me so so happy that your wish was granted. Good things happen to those who never stop believing in magic :)
Post a Comment