Wednesday, October 8, 2014

I'm Still Alive

I just wanted to let you all know that yes, I am still alive, just extremely busy. I'm in school full time now, have a part time job, and in my spare time I try to keep my sanity by getting out and enjoying the sunshine. I must admit however, that I am growing a wee bit tired of this California heat wave. Its been in the 90-100's for weeks now! I'm longing for a good ol' Utah Fall, but that's typical - I always do this time of year. I'm hoping I can head home in the next few weeks and get my fix. Other than that, it's business as usual;) Seif told me that he's looking in to a trip to Iceland for us. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we can pull it off (flyer miles are awesome). I've wanted to go there since I was in high school and became a fan of Bjork. A friend of mine shared this quote the other day and I loved it because it puts my thoughts in to words far better than I have ever been able...

"There have been times when it was said that I had more determination than talent. This may be said of many. It may also be said that life loves the person who dares to live it." -Maya Angelou


That's it my sweet friends. I'll try to be better about keeping in touch. xo

4 comments:

Richard Goode said...

Lovely to read your words and so glad that everything is ok.
Going to Iceland would be fantastic - I'm positive that you'd love it.

"... Life loves the person who dares to live it." - how wonderful!

Mandy said...

Thanks as always for stopping by. I'm really glad we became friends on here. I truly admire your writing. No Iceland for awhile - it was a nice thought while it lasted. Someday!

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Mandy my friend!!! I've misses you a bunch. Wow, you have a lot going on right now. I think you will have earned that Icelandic vacation ;)

Mandy said...

Thank you Keith! I would say I miss you too, but I keep up on your blog even if i don't write on mine;) You always inspire me.