Friday, February 28, 2014

Rain, Rain DON'T Go Away

It's a rainy weekend here in Southern California and I for one, am loving it! If there is one thing I miss about Utah, it's a good ol' rainstorm. I must admit though, living right next to the ocean is a little creepy. I can hear the waves outside crashing heavily on the rocks and it's definitely not something I am used to. I trust that since these buildings were standing when I moved here, they will continue to be standing once this storm passes and I'm not going to find myself in the middle of the ocean clinging to debris like Rose in Titanic. It reminds me of the first time I experienced an earthquake and everyone laughed at me. Hey, I'm still learning the California way. This Utah girl still has some of the sticks left in her;)

3 comments:

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Oh gosh I would totally miss the rain if I didn't have it. I love the rain!!

How's the marathon training going?

Mandy said...

I love it too - it's a very welcomed change;) The marathon training is coming along. Thanks so much for asking! I'm excited - I just found someone to do it with me, so I'm not alone in this madness. lol! I still can't believe I signed up. I must be insane.

Irina Kovalenko said...

I've always loved rain! To walk in the rain as evrything looks > impressive, I think. To read something you like. I've published quite a number on rain. Something to enjoy in the rain, for instance. Would love to hear from you, welcome!