| Cooling off after our latest long run - still trucking! |
As we all know, music can be an enormous
motivator during a workout. Since a great deal of long distance running is
mental, I've found that a good music mix is essential. While running my last
half marathon, I was really struggling with the last 2 miles. I didn't train as
much as I should have and I was in pain. It was at that moment I decided to
forfeit the cheers from the crowd and turn on Pandora. When I pushed that button, the most
perfect song came on - Break on Through to the Other Side by the Doors. The
smile on my face reappeared and I rocked that song right on through to the
finish line like I was on fire. I have quite a few friends that run, so I
thought I would share some of the songs that keep me going. It's an eclectic
mix, but hey, that's me;)
- Fader - The Temper Trap
- Go It Alone - Beck
- Houdini - Foster the People
- I Would Do Anything for You - Foster the People
- Midnight City - M83
- Kim & Jessie - M83
- Love Will Never Do - Janet Jackson
- Don't You Worry Child - Swedish House Mafia
- The Other Side- Jason Derulo
- Level - The Raconteurs
- Break on Through to the Other Side - The Doors
- Long Way to the Top - AC/DC
- Lay Your Hands on Me - Thompson Twins
- Usher - Scream
- Love My Way - The Foxglove Hunt
- du hast - Rammstein
- Killing in the Name - Rage Against the Machine
- Don't You Evah - Spoon
2 comments:
Heck yes! Music is essential to any good workout. It really gets the juices flowing. Personally, I love me some 90's music during a workout :)
Oh yes! 90's are great!
Post a Comment