Sunday, December 22, 2013

"Dad Bublé"

Today I was awakened by the familiar bing of a new voicemail. I groggily rolled over to check the message, admittedly a bit annoyed that I had been roused from a much needed sleep. I hit play and was greeted by my dad's cheery voice singing me Elvis Presley's Blue Christmas.

"I'll have a bluuuuue Christmas without youuuuuuu"

"Decorations of red on a green Christmas tree won't be the same Dear, if you're not here with me."

It made me smile.

This was just one of many caroling messages my dad has left for me the past few weeks. I haven't been much in the Christmas spirit this year and he swears that "Dad Bublé" can make it all better. I must admit, those messages do turn my frown upside down.

I love my dad. Even if he refuses to take all of my awkward teen photos off of his walls and replace them with the new photos I give him year after year. My dad is fabulous.

"I am not ashamed to say that no man I ever met was my father's equal, and I never loved any other man as much." -Hedy Lamarr


2 comments:

Richard Goode said...

Dad Buble! Brilliant!
Have a wonderful Christmas Mandy and thanks for all the enjoyable posts!

Akanksha Jain said...

Beautiful Post Mandy