"Be still when you have nothing to say; when genuine passion moves you, say what you've got to say, and say it hot." -D. H. Lawrence (1885 - 1930)
Thursday, May 2, 2013
Don't Blink
I received sad news the other day that my grandpa's best friend unexpectedly passed away. Bob was a part of the family and will definitely be missed. The last time I went home he offered to make us all dutch oven dinner. There were quite a few of us visiting, but that didn't deter him at all. Sure enough, he showed up at my grandpa's house with two delicious dutch oven dinners-such a sweet, sweet person. Once again, I was reminded of just how short life is and how important it is to live each day exactly how you would like to leave it. Cherish every moment. Live in the moment. Let people know you love them. Do as many kind acts as you can. Take the time to call the people you care about. Don't leave things unsaid. And definitely, definitely don't stay angry.
This song by Kenny Chesney always hits home for me. The lyrics are absolutely beautiful and so very true. Life flies by and the most precious gift in life is love. Relationships are where true happiness comes from and are what I believe, our hearts truly beat for.
Dear Bob, I hope you rest in peace. To my friends and family, please know that I love you and I would not trade any of my relationships for the world. My heart overflows with gratitude for the people that I have been blessed to know and love.
"100 years goes faster than you think, don't blink."
4 comments:
Thoughts and prayers going out to Bob and all his friends and family...
Thank you so much!
I love you & I couldnt agree more - love this song!
Love you too Em!
Post a Comment