Sunday, February 5, 2012

Finding Balance

We are barely 3 weeks in to the semester, and I am already hating school.  Actually, let me rephrase that. I'm hating the fact that I am simply not grasping some of the concepts of these science classes.  What's the deal?  I love science and when my major was Psychology, I was doing great!  These nursing requirements are kicking my trash, and my confidence is being replaced with a combination of caffeine and doubt.  As much as I know that in order to maintain my GPA I need to study, I also know that it's necessary to have balance.  

For quite a while now, I've been having these recurring dreams that I am roller skating in random places, which is so weird because I don't roller skate. Though I've had dreams that I was skating through grocery stores, etc., the recurring one is where I am roller skating through Disneyland. I have this dream A LOT. I looked up the dream interpretation online and it says, "To dream that you are skating symbolizes your ability to maintain a balance in your life. You are progressing through your life's path and working toward your goal." The Disneyland part says this, "To dream that you are at Disneyland indicates that you need to take some time off, especially after all the hard work that you have been involved in."  I know that to many this sounds like a bunch of fooey, but hey, I'm kind of superstitious, so bear with me. However, keep in mind that these things do, indeed make me question my sanity sometimes.  Skating through Disneyland....sheesh.

In order to maintain balance, and in an attempt to save my sanity, I've signed up for "America's Sweetest Race," the Ghirardelli Hot Chocolate 15k.  I've said before that running is a stress reliever for me, so let the training begin!  I've also decided to continue visiting the orphanage in Mexico, and possibly join the building project as well.  I convinced Seif to go on a visit yesterday, and it appears that he enjoyed it as much as I have.  The kids are adorable, and really, they just want to be loved.  Some of them will see you, and immediately just throw their arms around you and hang on for dear life.  I was holding one little girl yesterday, and we were listening to some other volunteers sing songs and play the guitar.  She kept on grabbing my arms and wrapping them tighter around her, like she didn't want me to let go.  It's heartbreaking, but the kids love the visits and they have so much fun.  If any of my friends out there are interested in donating, or even joining us for a visit, please let me know.  Currently, they are in need of necessities, such as toilet paper, blankets, toothpaste, eczema lotion, lice shampoo, and regular shampoo.

This post is random, and as always wordy.  If you're still reading, thank you.  I really feel like I do nothing but talk about myself on here, which makes me wish that I had kids sometimes, but it is what it is.  As they say in Arabic, "Inshallah," "If God wills it."  Here are a few pics from yesterday's orphanage trip.  Enjoy.











No comments: