On our first day there, we headed downtown to see all of the old colonial buildings and check out the FIFA Fan Fest. The colonial side was amazing, but we had about an hour of dryness before the rain started pounding on us again. We got hassled by some teenagers who told us all to say something in portuguese while they recorded us and then laughed their butts off. I'm sure it was something lewd. I'm still curious.... lol Maybe I'll find the video on youtube one day.
The second day was game day and it was POURING. It didn't matter though, everyone was so excited and festive. Chants broke out on the subways, everyone was wearing plastic capes, we were going to celebrate no matter what mother nature threw our way! Though we were wet, we had the time of our lives. Germany won the game and even though it didn't turn out the way we had hoped, fans from both sides posed for pictures together and had a great time.
![]() |
| A pic posted by the Recife local news station. |
Just for fun, here's the link to a video on the subway I posted. World Cup spirit. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10203437152040891&l=3638734837176519331
The next day we got on a plane and flew to Aracaju for a day and then headed to Salvador ... the city that captured my heart. To be continued....






1 comment:
Oh my gosh you are living some amazing adventures!! I need to catch up on these posts :-) so awesome!!
Post a Comment