"Be still when you have nothing to say; when genuine passion moves you, say what you've got to say, and say it hot." -D. H. Lawrence (1885 - 1930)
Sunday, May 11, 2014
Mom is On My Mind
What comes to mind when I think of mom?
Her smile ... growing up, I remember my mom as always happy, always smiling. People loved her and they still do. I've always admired this about her.
Her class ... my mom always told me that I didn't want to be the girl of the moment, but the girl a boy would want to take home to mom. She taught me that with class comes respect. I thank her for this.
Lip gloss and heels ... the child in me remembers my young mom leaving for work with her hair always curled in framing her face, lip gloss, perfume and heels. My mom has great legs. She still looks amazing every day.
Humility ... my mom is one of the most forgiving, accepting people out there. Because of this, at times she doesn't receive the appreciation she deserves. She doesn't expect it, never asks for it, but deserves it more than anyone I know.
Sweet notes and "Cheery day" cards ... when I was a kid, my mom always left notes in my lunchbox and still sends me surprise cards in the mail to tell me she loves me. They always make my day.
Neil Young & Stevie Nicks ... some of my best memories are associated with this music. We used to sing the lyrics as mom cleaned the house. Notice I said "as mom cleaned the house." Yea ... I was never good at helping. I admit it.
Comfort ... No one can comfort me when I am having a bad day more than mom. She always knows the right things to say.
Love ... My mom has shown me love my whole life and her unconditional support has meant more to me than I can ever express. I am so grateful to have been blessed with such a beautiful, strong, compassionate and accepting mother. I am even more grateful to have been given the chance to love her as much as I do.
Happy Mother's Day! This is your day. I wish I was there to celebrate it with you, mom but please know that I am thinking of you. Though I may not say it as often as I should, you mean the world to me. No one will ever be as beautiful in my eyes as you. Thank you for all of the lessons, hugs, smiles and tender moments you have given me throughout my life, but thank you most of all for loving me like you do. You have filled my life with laughter, love and amazing memories and I cannot begin to tell you how much that means to me. You are amazing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Mandy this is a beautiful post! Full of love and what a tribute to your mother. I hope she read this post :)
Oh Mandy! Please tell me that your mom has read this! It is so beautiful and heartfelt. Your words on their own (and the tenderness behind them) are a tribute to her in themselves.
Really wonderful
Post a Comment