Thursday, September 19, 2013

Lost But Not Lonely

Seif and I decided to head out for a hike yesterday in the late afternoon. It was a tough one, but so beautiful that it made the difficulty worth it. As we started to head back, we noticed the full moon and I, being the chronic picture taker that I am, decided to waste some time trying to get the perfect shot. Not realizing just how long a way we had to go before we reached our car, we finally headed down the mountain. It grew darker as we carried on and became quite difficult to see. It really felt like we had been walking for way too long, but we both just figured that because it was dark, we were fooling ourselves - then we started to see things we didn't remember. After about another half hour in the pitch black, we realized we were lost.

We laughed and tried to make the best of it, even stopping to take some selfies along the way, but deep down inside, we were a little worried. The area is known for mountain lion activity and we had no phones, no flashlight, and apparently no common sense. lol!

We finally found our way out of the woods and on to a road. We had no idea where we were and just walked until we found a main road we recognized. It turned out that we had crossed to the opposite side of the mountain and were closer to home than our car, so we walked home, got the other car and drove to where we parked. It was an adventure. Regardless of the chaos, we had fun together. It really made me realize how important attitude is in serious situations. It also made me realize that my husband and I fail miserably when it comes to sense of direction;)


1 comment:

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Attitude is EVERYTHING in serious situations. I always try to find humor in them myself, because hey you gotta laugh at yourself sometimes right? I loke hiking this time of year. And wasn't that Harvest Moon amazing??