I've had a rough summer (as far as time management goes) and let's face it, I've been lazy. I signed up for the AFC months ago, took a summer class that nearly killed me, and by the time I was done, was so burned out I couldn't find the motivation to train. I kept telling myself every day, "Tomorrow I will get up in the morning and run, I've still got blank days until the race, so I'll be good." Every day my alarm went off and every day I rolled back over and went to sleep. So...needless to say, when the race actually took place, I was terrified.
I'm happy (and surprised) to say that all went well. How I pulled this off is beyond me, but I can say that the rush of the race got me inspired again, so I'm pumped to sign up for another. I'm feeling really sore right now, but once the pain subsides I'm going to start training again. It's crazy how stress can cause me to forget just how much I love running. It's true when they say that the hardest part is just getting out the door.
I also wanted to share the power of chia seeds with fellow runners. If you haven't tried mixing them with a drink yet, I highly recommend it. I've never felt so energetic and my endurance has really increased since trying it. The synergy drinks are good, but have kombucha tea in them, which has a funky taste to a lot of people. Mama Chia is delicious, especially the strawberry banana one. However, I think I feel best when I just make my own drinks with chia seeds. Really, all you have to do is let them soak for awhile and drink them...works wonders.
So....that's my update. I've kind of veered away from what I wanted the purpose of this blog to be, but I'm not going to stress over it. Everything I write about on here is a passion of mine - from friends and family, to travel, to running, and social issues. Actually...now that I have written that, I realize that maybe I have stayed on target. After all, the name of my blog is "These Passions That Move Me." Alright...it's obvious I'm tired through all this rambling. Nap time. I hope you are having a good week!!! School starts tomorrow.:( When will I finally be a nurse? Still rambling......

1 comment:
All that matters is that you're writing about things that are passions of yours as you said. Our blogs are our own creations :)
P.S. I finally found a way to bypass Blogger's restrictions on how many blogs on can follow(300) so I am now following your blog :)
Post a Comment