Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Here's the Rundown

So...my summer class pretty much took control over my life for 6 weeks. I'm now done (yippeeeeeeee!) and I have some free time on my hands. I wish that free time was being spent doing the 100 hours of volunteer work I need, but with all of the programs here being impacted, it is so difficult to get hours in the medical field. So...I've just decided to maintain a positive attitude and trust that it will all work out in the end. In the meantime, I am going to take these next few weeks I have off and spend them with family and friends. I couldn't be more excited.

One of my best friends is flying in tomorrow to spend the next few days with me and then we are taking a road trip to Vegas and back to Utah to visit my family. My husband will be heading to Jordan and I'm kind of bummed that I can't make it this time, but I am looking forward to seeing my family and being in Utah during the summer, which I seldom do.

As far as an update, there is nothing really to note. We had a great 4th of July. Some friends of ours had a Hawaiian luau, which was a blast and then we all headed to the beach to watch fireworks. The show was absolutely amazing. During the grand finale, they somehow created a cascading waterfall of fire from the pier. It was awesome! Following fireworks was the annual marshmallow war and that was pretty messy and chaotic. People seriously go all out for that with marshmallow guns, etc. It's fun, but it's getting too big at this point and I think that the city is going to eventually ban it. There was an article following the 2013 event that said there were not enough volunteers helping with clean up and that it's just getting to be too much. Literally, there were thousands of people this year, can you imagine?

Hanging out in the back trying to avoid being hit in the face with flying marshmallows.

As for the really exciting news, we just found out today that our offer on a new house was accepted. The house is older, but it is soooo cute. I'm really looking forward to moving in. It comes complete with a white picket fence and the inside has been completely remodeled and is very modern with built in shelves, etc. It even has a guest house! I'll have to post some pics of it when I get a chance. We plan on painting the outside and putting grass in the backyard, but other than that, the place is perfect. It's even in a very artsy neighborhood with galleries and lots of coffee shops, just my style.

Anyway, that's it for now. I hope you are having a great week!

Ciao!

1 comment:

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Sounds like you're having an amazing summer! Have fun on your friend's visit and congrats on the house! SO exciting :)